How to Find the Best Recliners for Your Home
Choose top-rated recliners with this helpful guide.
When it's time to complete your living room set, look no further than a comfy, relaxing recliner to melt the day’s stress away. Whether you’d like to read a book or catch a nap, a good recliner for the living room is a must. Keep the following criteria in mind and you’ll choose a recliner that fits your lifestyle, decor, and budget, bringing you joy for the many years to come.
Before you even begin your recliner search, make sure to carefully measure just how much space you have available for it. Although the recliner will spend most of its time in the upright position, you also want adequate space for it to push back and recline fully without bumping into the walls or other furniture. Additionally, you’ll want space to move around it when the seat is reclined and occupied.
Cost is always top-of-mind, and can sometimes be a key factor in choosing between specific furniture items. Recliners can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand, depending on the make, type, fabric, and other features. Understanding your budget before you start shopping can help you stay on track and ensure you leave the store or online experience with the item that best fits your price range and preferences.
Mega Furniture TX offers weekly deals and financing options that can help you get the living room set piece of your dreams at the best possible cost. Learn more about your options on our website today.
Upholstery and padding
Quality upholstery is stain-resistant and easy to care for. Leather and microfiber are popularly available, feel great to sit on, and will retain their beauty even with daily use. High-density foam cushions are also great because they keep their shape over time unlike some other options.
There are actually several recliner options with different reclining mechanisms available, including:
- Pushback - Recline by holding the arms and pushing against the back. They do not have a lever, handle, or power controls. They tend to be smaller and often have a modern style.
- Lever and Handle Operated - These utilize a mechanical lever, handle, or pull loop to release the reclining mechanism and tend to be a bit bigger.
- Power - Recline at the touch of a button. Easiest to operate and some may have memory settings or other power features like USB charging.
- Lift Chair - Ideal for those with mobility issues because they have fully automated power chairs. Typically more expensive than other options.
- Leg Only - The back does not move at all on these models. The footrest only extended to support the legs.
- Rocker - Featuring rocking motion when upright and typically have multiple reclining positions.
If you aren’t sure yet which option sounds right for your situation or need, consider browsing recliners in person so you can see them in action and test the various reclining mechanisms.
Shop for your next recliner at Mega Furniture TX. Browse our website today for the latest furniture deals, or visit one of our stores in person in the Austin, San Antonio, or Killeen areas.