What Type of TV Stand is Right for Your Texas Home?
Review our buying guide to find the right product for you.
When we think about living room furniture, we often picture the sofa, armchair, and the coffee table. But there’s another large piece of furniture in the living room that is just as important to most American homes - the TV stand! Since we spend so much time watching our favorite shows on the big screen, having a quality, reliable TV stand to keep your television and other electronics safe is important. In today’s blog post, we’ll discuss different design options and styles available to help you select a new TV stand for the home.
Featured: Townser - Grayish Brown - LG TV Stand w/Fireplace Option
Design is often the first consideration when choosing a new TV stand for your home. Understanding what shapes and functionality is available can point you to the design that works best for you, such as:
- Console - Console TV stands are great options if you need some storage space for gaming consoles or other electronics and want to keep them out of sight or touch of young children and pets. They feature closed shelving (drawers and/or doors) and are often rectangular in structure.
- Open Shelving - This TV stand design features shelves but does not have doors or drawers. It’s becoming increasingly popular in homes with a more minimalist style, and allows for easy and convenient access to the electronics on the shelves. Some even provide a mounting bracket for the television itself.
- Hutch - TV stand hutches are large pieces of furniture that have many more shelves and cabinets than the typical size TV stand. Rather than horizontal counter space, the storage is stacked vertically, with a space in the middle for the television. They are a great option if you need the extra storage space and also want an interesting statement piece for the room.
- Floating - This TV stand option is a wall-mounted unit that hovers above the ground rather than rests on it. While they can contain shelving, they are often a bit smaller than the traditional TV stands. The television can be stood on top or wall-mounted above the floating stand.
- Entertainment Centers - These large furniture pieces go above and beyond the TV, offering shelving or closed cabinetry to house other items like art pieces, books, and media collections.
Now that you’ve defined what style you are most interested in, it’s time to determine the building material. Wood, glass, and metal are all popular solutions, for good reason:
- Wood - This tried-and-true material is the most common TV stand construction, due to the breadth of color and utility the material provides. You can choose a unique cherry wood, or go for a classic oak or maple. Wood TV stands can also be set in a variety of colors, such as black, white, and brown.
- Metal - A great option for getting unique patterns and cuts. Metal is more lightweight than wood, offering a slimmer profile.
- Glass - For a sleek, modern look, consider glass. These are usually fitted together with metal support pieces and are built to be sturdy.
- Laminate - Often made of synthetic materials that are laminated together to make a thin covering that resembles wood. This manufactured process creates a glossy, sleek appearance.
Featured: Harpan - Reddish Brown - TV Stand
Aside from the design and material, you also can find TV stands in a variety of styles like traditional, modern, rustic, and more. This makes it easy to match your new piece of furniture with the current aesthetic or style you have in your living room.
- Modern - Clean lines and a simple, sleek design matching other modern architecture trends.
- Traditional - Often constructed of wood with decorative carvings or varnished in a highly glossy sheen.
- Rustic - Made of wood featuring an unpolished, natural look.
- Industrial - Dark shades and hard steel to recreate a “factory” look.
Find your next home furniture piece at Mega Furniture TX
Mega Furniture TX can help you find the right TV stand for your home, along with any other home furniture pieces you may be needing. Browse our website today for the latest furniture deals, or visit one of our stores in person in the Austin, San Antonio, or Killeen TX areas.